Thursday, September 16, 2010
A VERY Special Event: Sizzler Presents How To Sell Your Erotica
This is going to be WONDERFUL! If you live in the Bay Area here's a chance to attend the end-all, be-all, event on selling erotica:
HOW TO SELL YOUR EROTICA
(and More Than Double Your Income from Each Piece You Write)
Friday, October 8 2010 7:30pm – 10:00pm
Center for Sex and Culture, 1519 Mission Street @ S. Van Ness, 2nd fl.
Suggested donation: $5-$15
All proceeds go to the Center for Sex and Culture
Are you writing erotica? Do you write for yourself? Do you write for publication? Or, have dreamed of erotica, but haven't yet started?
Whatever you are writing, personal experiences, short stories, novels, you will learn about where you can sell your work and how to go about it.
Join a panel of five editors, anthologists, and published authors who will share practical tips and personal insights. You will learn:
Where you can sell your work
* Book publishers
* use the key elements that make an erotic story sell?
* think sexy and cultivate your erotic imagination
* write plots and characgters that turn readers on
* put the right dash of sex in a sex story
* write convincing stories for sexual orientation and interests beyond your own
* find the best internet resources for writers of erotica
* get along with editors and publishers
* respond to fans, reviewers and criticism
* avoid the four taboo sex acts no one will publish
* boost your income on books
* triple your income or more on short pieces
Jean Marie Stine, author, former magazine editor, and publisher of ebook pioneer Sizzler Editions, which has more than 800 erotic novels and collections for available download at Amazon, Barnes& Nobel, etc., and has and recently began to publish erotica in paperback.
M. Christian, writer and anthologist who has sold over 300 short stories, five novels and edited over two dozen anthologies.
Gina de Vries’ writings about sex have appeared dozens of anthologies and publications, including Curve, On Our Backs, Femmethology, Tough Girls 2, Dirty Girls, and Coming & Crying.
Donna George Storey is a writing and book promotion columnist and the author of two books and over a hundred stories and articles in such places as Penthouse, Best American Erotica, and Best Women’s Erotica.
Plus other panelists to be announced.